Bays Planet Foundation calls on volunteers to fill in for vacant roles in the progressive organisation.
ABOUT BAYS PLANET FOUNDATION
Bays Planet Foundation is a woman, youth-led, registered, non-profit, and non-governmental organisation focused on providing adequate, sustainable solutions & advocacy on sexual abuse and social violence. We are licensed by both the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), & we have actively pursued many of the United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. Amongst many other things, our impact rate has reached more than 20,500 people through our physical projects, online engagements, & partnership with other reputable organisations since our launch in January 2018.
To continue our work, we need volunteers for roles like Administrative Officer; Project Management Officer; Logistics & Budget Officer; Deputy Communications Officer; Social Media Manager; Community Engagement Officer; Partnership and Engagement Officer; & Grant and Fundraising Officer. This is an overview of their roles, & we would be pleased to read your application if your experience & skill falls into any category below:
THE ROLES AND THEIR DUTIES (NOT LIMITED TO)
Administrative Officer: The Officer will
- Maintain organisation’s facility and asset;
- Supervise and coordinate all volunteers;
- Keep records and maintenance of utility;
- Schedule meetings and appointments within the office and outside the office and ensure appropriate information dissemination;
- Maintain an up-to-date contact list and data on all team members, partners and sister-organisations;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Project Management Officer: The management officer will
- Develop concept notes for projects in conjunction with the Communication Department;
- Stay on the frontline to execute the project;
- Ensure that the scheduled speed for the project is met & it remains within scope;
- Work with the Communication Department to ensure that the project is well communicated & everyone on the team is carried along;
- Work with the Logistics & Budget Officer to properly decide on a budget of a project as well as the process of execution;
- Relate with the Community & Engagement Officer to determine the target communities for the idea;
- Communicate with the Partnership & Engagement Officer to discover potential partners for the project idea;
- & Enhance project performance by getting every member of the team involved.
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to develop the best ways to Monitor and Evaluate projects during and after.
- Ensure projects are sustainable.
Logistics & Budget Officer: The officer will
- Oversee the budget and logistics management of the organisation;
- Create a budget for projects;
- Allocate resources for projects;
- Provide the financial expenses statements when required.
- And other activities required.
Deputy Communication Officer: The officer will
- Support the communication officer;
- Take notes of important dates;
- Edit content when it’s delegated;
- Take up other related roles; &
- The ability to do graphic design is a plus.
Social Media Manager: The officer will
- Create social media content & publish this content across the organisation’s SM platforms;
- Call for & arrange online meetings;
- Create and report performance of digital campaigns;
- Work closely with the communications department to develop Press Releases and carry out other communications and contents related activities;
- Position the organisation to the target audience in the right way; &
- The ability to do graphic design is a plus.
Community Engagement Officer: The officer is
- In charge of physical and virtual community engagement before, during, or after projects;
- Communicates with people of all backgrounds for engagement purposes;
- Share relevant ideas for projects;
- Manage outreaches to target communities before, during, and after the project.
Partnership & Engagement Officer: The officer will:
- Decide potential partners for the organisation’s projects;
- Maintain a feedback methodology between the organisation and our Partners;
- Arrange meetings with potential partners when essential; &
- Review invitations for partnership from individuals or organisations.
Grant & Fundraising Officer: The officer will:
- Be on the lookout for grants;
- Write applications for grants in conjunction with other members of the team;
- Look for ways to fund the organisation’s projects & other related services.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING WITH BAYS PLANET FOUNDATION
We have been in the NGO space under Baliqees Salaudeen, an active humanitarian for many years. Her network itself has helped the organisation & members of the team grow their interest in the digital & physical humanitarian communities. As a volunteer, you’ll network with high-rated persons in the community; improve your experience of community service; get to do what you love in your leisure time; & build your skills.
We, therefore, look forward to your application as the organisation expands its activities.
The application opens on the 12th of January, 2022, and closes on the 26th of January, 2022.
Applicants should reside in Kwara State, Lagos State or Abuja, Nigeria.
If you’re interested, kindly send your CV and a Cover Letter stating clearly the role you are applying for in the subject of your email to Talktobaysplanetfoundation@gmail.com. Check out our work at www.baysplanet.org.